Thursday, May 24, 2012

19 and Counting

Two days ago I couldn't stop my mind from racing, so I stopped everything to write down all that was floating through my brain in the hopes that I could calm myself and put it in perspective.  The good news is that there are only 19 things currently stressing me out!  The bad news is that this is way worse than I thought and now list-making, once my saving grace, is now one of the 19 things stressing me out.

Not having TV this week has meant that I have been uber-productive.  In the last three days, I have mailed off the final registration form to the New York courts for my bar admission, finally gotten around to mailing off my hair (P.S. I realize it's for a good cause, but there is something seriously creepy about putting my hair in a plastic bag, putting it in a padded envelope, and putting it in the mail, and now I pretty much know what being a psychopath feels like, except it made me sort of uncomfortable so that's probably a good sign.  Phew!  One less thing, you know?), packed 6 more boxes of stuff, cleaned out and organized my dresser, scrubbed the bathroom from top to bottom, cleaned out and organized the area under the bathroom sink and the bathroom drawers, and lined up appointments to view 7 potential new homes this weekend (still waiting to hear back from 5 more).  You guys?  The 19 items didn't include any of those things.  Is there an emoticon for anguished screaming? 

But...BUT...I have TV back!  Yeehaw!  Unfortunately, the lovely and kind man sent to fix it overstayed his welcome by about an hour because after he got the satellite fixed he decided to try to hook our internet up to our TV so we could stream On Demand.  I told him not to worry about it, but he seemed intent on doing me this "favor," which, okay, thanks, except DO YOU SEE THE BOXES OF THINGS BEING PACKED, SIR?  I need you to leave so that I can take off my pants, pour a glass of wine, and watch Kardashians more than I need this service for 3 weeks.  So much more.  Don't make me make you Item 20, Chris. 

Actually, never mind, Item 20 is going to John Mayer's hair.  What the hell?

0 comments: